10 Compelling Reasons to Replace Skylights.
Wether you have old Anderson, Pella, SunGlo, plastic dome skylights or glass, if they are more then 15 years old you should replace them. Here are ten compelling reasons to replace your old skylights with new Velux skylights.
1. Energy efficiency – Velux No Leak skylights feature the most energy efficient double-glazed technology available. Providing more daylight and better heat control then any other glass previously offered, there advanced LoE³ coating and argon-filled double pane design ensures year-round comfort and energy savings.
2. Condensation resistance – Velux LoE³ glass offers nearly three times the resistance to interior condensation as does clear insulating glass.
3. Warranty – The new Velux No Leak skylight offers the only comprehensive 10 year No Leak warranty you’ll find anywhere. This covers the skylight and its installation against leaks for a decade. Choose a Velux 5 Star Skylight Specialist for proper installation.
4. UV protection – Velux LoE³ glass reflects 83% of the sun’s rays that cause fabrics to fade and paint to yellow. In contrast, clear insulating glass only reflects about 30% of harmful solar radiation and UV light.
5. Design flexibility – Velux skylights are available in fixed, manual venting and motorized venting models complete with rain sensors. Velux roof windows meet the requirements of fire egress codes, and there is even a model designed for any roof pitch or roofing material.
6. Pre-finished interior – Velux No Leak skylights offer a pre-finished interior as standard. No painting or staining required.
7. Shading and window treatments – All Velux skylights offer a variety of optional electric, manual and solar powered blinds for added comfort and energy efficiency. Solar powered blinds qualify for U.S. government energy tax credits. Velux Blinds now come in Designer Colors, 5 standard colors and 44 special order colors.
8. Compatibility – Velux offers sizes that are compatible to virtually any brand of skylight available.
9. Quality and value – According to annual brand use surveys done by the readers of Builder Magazine, Velux skylights rank as the highest quality, best value and the most used residential skylights in the USA. In fact, in over 25 years of this survey, Velux has never been rated less then #1 in any of these categories.
10. Convenience – Skylights can be replaced at anytime during the year, weather permitting. Be sure to choose a Velux 5 Star Skylight Specialist to ensure a proper installation.
For more details on skylight replacements go to Repair & Replacements on Premier Skylights, LLC website.