July 28, 2012 at 10 am- 2 pm
4 Sleepy Hollow Lane, Olivette, MO 63132
When the Levine family of Olivette, MO became the new owners of an all brick, ranch home that their grandparents built, they knew they needed more space for their growing family and to upgrade the home to meet current energy efficient, durability, and performance standards.
Premier Skylights, LLC has partnered with Hibbs Homes and Verdatek Solutions for a home renovation project that not only gives the family more space, but also a high-performance home that leads the industry in energy efficiency and makes as much energy as it consumes and one that offers superior indoor air quality for healthy, comfortable living.
This home is an excellent example of what you can do with aging properties to increase their value and performance, and also shows how individual homeowners can take advantage of renewable energy and natural resources to reduce their utility bills and create a healthier home.
Here are just some of the features of this home that will be on display during the open house on July 28:
- Replaced an outdated HVAC system with a highly efficient geothermal heating and cooling system.
- Thorough caulk and seal package with unique hybrid Lycene foam and fiberglass insulation.
- Energy efficient windows, lights, appliances and low-flow plumbing.
- An additional three bedrooms and two bathrooms in the second floor addition.
- Appraised value increased more than $400,000.
- Salvaged and refinished original hardwood or used sustainable bamboo flooring on the main levels.
- Skylights and solar power throughout take full advantage of natural lighting to reduce energy usage.
- Outstanding indoor air quality for a healthier living environment.
This home is a beautiful example of how a heritage property can be upgraded for more function, and overhauled to exceed the increasing demand for high performance, green and durable homes in today’s real estate market.